Antique/Vintage German Handarbeit (handmade) Sterling Silver (925) 9-Piece Coffee/Tea Service!
Includes coffeepot, teapot, sugarbowl, creamer, tray, salt and pepper shakers, and two double armed candle holders.
Bought in the mid 1950’s from Hans-Joachim Fuhner Juwelier in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Gorgeous pattern is Hanau Rose. Each piece except for the salt and pepper shakers and candle holders is stamped “Handarbeit Sterling” and has the number “263-24-9242” etched under the name for security purposes. Some pieces also have the hallmark “WK” which is probably the manufactory stamp and other marks that look like the crescent moon and crown which is the German Official Silver Die Stamp.
The pots, sugarbowl and creamer are four footed. The coffeepot, teapot, lidded sugarbowl and candle holders have a dimensional rose finial.
Weighing almost 183 ounces or 5,182 grams of solid Sterling Silver, impeccably and meticulously hand crafted. Only half the weight of the candle holders was factored into the sterling total due to the weighting of the pieces.
- Coffeepot – 11 1/2 inches tall, 10 inches wide, weighs 35 ounces, hold 2 quarts
- Teapot – 8 1/2 inches tall, 9 3/4 inches wide, weighs 28 ounces, holds 1 3/4 quarts
- Sugarbowl – 5 1/2 inches tall, 6 inches wide, weighs 12 ounces
- Creamer – 4 3/4 inches tall, 5 inches wide, weighs 8 ounces
- Tray – 25 1/2 inches long, 17 1/8 inches wide, weighs 82 ounces
- Salt and Pepper Shakers – 2 3/4 inches tall each, 1 3/8 inches wide, total weight 2 3/4 ounces
- Candle Holders – 5 inches tall each, 6 3/4 inches wide, total weight 32 ounces (weighted on bottom)
The service has some minor dents and scratches from wear on some of the pieces. These include two dents on the sugarbowl (one tiny, one approx. 1/4 inch wide), one on the teapot (tiny), and two on the coffeepot (one tiny, one approx. 1/4 inch wide). The teapot handle is a little loose and the coffeepot handle is missing its two bone pieces that separate the sections of the handle (but both work fine as is). The tray has some minor scratches and tiny dents.
Shipping costs include the cost of registered mail.
Own this gorgeous set of quality craftsmanship. All pieces match, very rare to find a huge sterling tray that is in the same pattern as the rest of the pieces. This is a set to hand down through the generations – a family heirloom.